Have you ever felt stuck on your journey to creating your best life and crushing your goals?! I know I have..
Here are 10 things you can do when you’re in a bad mood to Uplift and inspire you to be at peace with where you are in your journey and get back on track.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Move. Get up and stretch - As a yoga instructor this always proves to be helpful for me when I find my self in need of some upliftings. Even simply just rolling out your yoga mat and landing in Child's pose while you breathe deeply will have you feeling centered once again.
Which brings me to my next point.
2. Practice deep breathing - pranayama practice involves synchronizing your breath with that of life. Imagine if you will Mother Earth having a heartbeat 💗 and with every breath you begin to feel just a bit more in tune with nature. To start try inhaling to the count of five and exhaling to the count of five.
3. Sing, sleep or laugh - Sing a tune, create a good mood playlist and sing your heart out. Something I learned in the Yoga Forrest in Guatemala is that singing actually helps strengthen the heart. Go figure, singing is known to release endorphins, the feel-good brain chemical that makes you feel uplifted and happy!
4. Learn something new - Learn about your Dosha, practice learning a new language or create a new dish for yourself or your friends and family - checkout our Pinterest board for more Inspo.
5. Eat life energy giving foods - Change your eating habits, why not incorporate fresh pressed juices for the next 7 days and see how you feel?
6. Drink alkaline water - Did you know, drinking alkaline water can help to boost your immunity and contributes to neutralizing the body's PH balance? So melting your stress away naturally by consuming more quality water is essential.
7. Call up your BFF, have a good laugh or venting sesh with your Bestie, sometimes all we need is to be heard and there's no one better than your best friend to remind you of the amazing person you are and everything will be okay.
8. Get some sunshine - go for a walk or spend some time in nature to help heal and align you to your greatness!
9. Smile to uplift your mood - Smiling, its simple, its easy and you can do it anywhere! The act of smiling literally signals a chemical reaction to your brain and boosts your immune system and health, thus increasing happiness. So the next time you are feeling less than your fabulous self; Smile, Sunshine!
10. Practice gratitude - take a few minutes to jot down a some of the things and experieneces that you are grateful for each day. Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness!
Do you follow any of these tips on a daily basis to shift your mood and perspective? If so, comment below.
Do you have any tips that aren't listed? Do tell!